Friday, 25 February 2011

Rob Ryan at Leeds College of Art

So I spent the last day of my half term as well as I possibly could - after a very long train journey I found myself in Leeds waiting to see Rob Ryan do a short 'informal talk' (I can't really call it a lecture) about his work.

The talk was more chatty and relaxed than I expected, and I enjoyed every minute. I learned many things about Rob and his work, and found him to be a really down to earth guy. They say you should never meet your heroes, but I'm really glad I met this one.

After his talk the questions came and I found it hard to think of one due to the detail he went in to, but nevertheless I plucked up the courage to ask if he had any tips for me with respects to the children's book I have been asked to illustrate, and he gave me some very valuable information.

I managed to get my book, 'This Is For You' signed by him at the end which made my day, and then went to counteract my nerdiness by visiting the Spice Girls exhibition on at Leeds Museum - I can not believe how infatuated I was by those girls when I was younger...







No comments:

Post a Comment