Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Sophie & Milo - My Children's Book

As part of my degree I decided to write and illustrate a children's book. My brief was simply the folowing - 'Visualise the development of creativity and drawing within children.' This left my options quite wide open...

The inspiration for my book came from my initial research into children and creativity - when speaking to a social worker I discovered that 'Art Therapy' is a technique used by professionals to help children either tell their story, or relieve their emotions through art activities.

My book aims to encourage children to draw, paint, etc and escape the real world for just a short time.

Although it has been written with children with a history of abuse in mind, it can also be enjoyed by all children irrespective of background.

No comments:

Post a Comment